Tuesday, October 22, 2024

9th grade. Unit 2. Lesson 3. Love thy neighbour as thyself.

👉Communicative area: reporting someone's speech
👉Active vocabulary: to treat, (un)fairly, equally, to fall in love, to have your hair dyed, to pay compliments, to take compliments, to live next door
👉Active grammar: reporting statements

Reported statements 
(косвенные утверждения в английском языке) используются для передачи того, что сказал другой человек, своими словами без использования кавычек.
Основные правила преобразования
  • Связующее слово that: Часто используется после вводных глаголов (say, tell, claim), но его можно опускать.
  • Сдвиг времен (Backshift): При переходе из прямой речи в косвенную глагол обычно сдвигается на шаг назад в прошлое:
    • Present Simple → Past Simple (“I work” → he said [that] he worked)
    • Present Continuous → Past Continuous (“I am working” → he said he was working)
    • Past Simple / Present Perfect → Past Perfect (“I worked” / “I have worked” → he said he had worked)
    • Will → Would (“I will go” → he said he would go)
    • Can → Could (“I can swim” → he said he could swim)
  • Исключения из сдвига времен: Если информация все еще остается актуальной или истинной в момент речи, сдвиг времен делать необязательно.
  • Личные и притяжательные местоимения: Меняются в зависимости от того, кто говорит и кому (I/we превращаются в he/she/they, my в his/her).
  • Указательные местоимения и наречия времени/места:
    • this / these → that / those
    • now → then
    • today → that day
    • yesterday → the day before / the previous day
    • tomorrow → the next day / the following day
    • here → there
Разница между Say и Tell
  • Say используется без прямого дополнения-адресата или с предлогом to:
    • He said (that) he was tired.
    • He said to me that he was tired.
  • Tell всегда используется с личным дополнением (кому именно говорят):
    • He told me (that) he was tired.
Примеры
  • Direct speech: “I don’t like this movie,” she said.
  • Reported statement: She said (that) she didn’t like that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment