Monday, March 25, 2024

Topics for discussion: Let’s talk about your school. Describe your school to a new friend.


I think I can make a long speech about my school. School is a very special place. It's a temple of knowledge, a place where you grow up and take courage, make friends and develop your abilities and your personality. You come here as a youngster of six, happy, shy, full of expectations and leave it as a grown-up of 17.
I study at secondary school in Soligorsk. It is famous for its high quality of education. It differs from all ordinary schools from the point of view of language study. Firstly, the children begin learning English in the first form. Secondly, the classes are split into 3 groups for language study. Thirdly, the number of English lessons is greater.
Our school looks nice and lovely, It's a clean and attractive three-storeyed building. The school building itself is of a typical design with the same layout and the distribution of classrooms, administrative offices, canteens, gyms and libraries as you can see in most other schools Our school has all modern facilities which are fully- equipped with all the necessary stuff like computers, whiteboards, TVsets and so on.
When you enter the school you will see a large entrance hall, cloakrooms, on the left there is a gym, a library, Headmaster's office, and straight is the canteen.
There are two wings in our school. One is given to primary school children. During the breaks they rush along the corridor making a lot of noise to which everyone got used.
On the first floor there is the Assembly Hall where all kind of performances, concerts and meetings are held, a teachers' room, a computer class, and a lot of classrooms to study. Our classrooms are well-equipped, cosy and home-like. On the second floor you can find physics and chemistry labs which are also equipped with many devices for carrying out experiments and scientific projects.
It is common knowledge that success of school education depends mainly on the teachers, their professional skill, their attitude to the subjects they teach and the kind of relationship they can establish with the pupils.
Here I'd like to say that my teachers are highly educated and experienced. They are strongly devoted to their work and their attitude to the pupils is always friendly and tolerant My favourite subject at school is ... We have a very good and enthusiastic teacher who inspired in me an interest of... She is a very fair person and the manner of her teaching is perfect. The pupils are well-disciplined and well-behaved at her lessons. The atmosphere in the school is based on common sense, tolerance, and mutual respect. Poor behaviour especially any form of bullying is treated very firmly.
Our school has a busy and eventful life. There are a lot of extra-class activities. We arrange parties and concerts, hold different contests and competitions. The school has got good volleyball and basketball teams and pupils willingly participate in sporting matches against other schools.
Of course such parties as New Year, the 8th of March are celebrated with great amusement.
We also get acquainted with the traditions of the English-Speaking countries and celebrate such holidays as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day and many others.
There are many traditions in our school. The most interesting of them is the School-Leavers Reunion Day which is observed on the first Saturday in February. School leavers of different years come to our school and speak about their school years and share their life experience with us. Then the school children give a concert. It is usually a very interesting and useful event.
I like the friendly atmosphere at my school. It gives me a real pleasure to go here and to communicate with my classmates. I like my class. I always feel at home here. Everybody is so friendly and easy to get along with. I am on good terms with my classmates and we often spend our free time together.
I'd like to say once again that school means a lot to me, and now my heart is full of gratitude to most of my teachers and many of my friends who make my school life enjoyable.

8. Let’s talk about your school. Describe your school to a new friend. 

1) What are your school dinners like?

2) What do you dislike about your school?

3) Does your school have any traditions?

4) Why is it important to study at school well?

16. Let’s talk about school. Do you like to go to school? What would you tell your friends from other countries about your school?

1) What is your most favourite subject?

2) What do you dislike about your school?

3) Ask me about my school life.

4) Why is it important to speak foreign languages?



No comments:

Post a Comment