Sunday, January 21, 2024

Topics for discussion: Tell your new friends about yourself


Sample 1.

It is often not easy to speak about myself but I shall try. My name is Anton, I’m 13 years old. I was born in a Belarusian town of Soligorsk which is located 130 km to the south of the the capital of our country, Minsk. I live in my native city, in a comfortable flat with my parents.
My mother is a controller, my father works as a chief at the road police.I am a student of the 8th form at a secondary school. My favourite subjects are Math and English but my teachers believe that I’m good at Biology and History. Quite soon I will have to make probably the most important decision and choose my future profession. At present I would like to become a programmer or a web designer.
What about my appearance, I'm of medium height and well-built. I've got an oval face, almond-shaped eyes with thick eyelashes, a slightly upturned nose, high cheekbones and full lips. I take after my granny in appearance as we both have short straight dark hair and the same face shape. I take after my mum in character because we’re both sensitive and responsible. My star sign is Virgo and I suppose I am a typical Virgo. I could describe myself as a selfless person. I’m not an outgoing person, though people consider me to be easy-going. Besides I’m rather serious and calm and I always try to keep promises. To be quite frank I am a bit ashamed of my drawbacks: I can be lazy sometimes and too touchy, it’s possible for me to accept my failures with dignity. In other people I appreciate kindness, sincerity, intelligence and a nice sense of humour. I cannot get on well with people who are super active, even messy, arrogant or selfish.
I’ve got a lot of friends. Luckily we have a lot in common, so we can spend much time together going to the cinema and concerts. My hobbies are surfing the Internet and playing computer games. I also devote enough time to sports: in warm seasons I go jogging or cycling in the nearest park and in winter I adore skiing.
My life motto is to keep your chin up, so nothing can let me down. I have plenty of interesting plans and exciting dreams in my life and I hope that they will definitely come true and my personality traits will help me.

Sample 2.

My name is Artyom and I am 13 years old. I was born in a Belarusian town of Soligorsk which is located 130 km to the south of Minsk, the capital of our country. I live in my native city, in a decent flat with my parents. My mother is a dentist, and my father is an accountant.
I am a student of the 8th grade at a secondary school. My favourite subjects are English and PE. Currently I don't have any important decisions to make, that could change soon though. I currently don't know who I would become in the future.
I'm of medium height and well-built. I've got an oval face and and almond shaped eyes, a hooked nose, high cheekbones and thin lips. I also have short dark hair and medium-sized ears. I somewhat take after my mom in terms of appearance, as we both look kinda simular. My star sign is Scorpio which people say means you are tough and manipulative, in reality it means absolutely nothing. I am usually quite funny and can help most of the time. My drawbacks are laziness and... that's it. In other people, I appreciate intelligence. I hate people who are bossy or rude to other people.
So far I have only one friend. We have a decent amount of things in common. We also spend a lot of time playing together, talking to each other, etc. I enjoy playing computer games and talking on Discord. Some of my other hobbies are listening to music and thinking.
My life motto is to remember that past your great disasters it will always be the fight you can win. I have plenty of thought and it would be nice if some of them came true.

1. You are trying to make friends online. What would you say to describe yourself?

1) What features of character do you appreciate in people?

2) What are your dislikes?

3) What school subjects are you good at?

4) What dishes do you like? Can you share any recipe with us?


10. You are writing a post on an online forum. Tell its readers about yourself as much as possible.

1) What features of character do you appreciate in people?

2) What are your dislikes?

3) What’s your favourite subject at school? Why?

4) What dishes do you like? Can you share any recipe with us?


15. You are looking for a new friend on the Internet. What would you say about yourself?

1) What features of character do you appreciate in people?

2) What are your dislikes?

3) What’s your favourite subject at school? Why?

4) What dishes do you like? Can you share any recipe with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment