Monday, November 13, 2023

8th grade. Unit 2. Lesson 7. Culinary competition

👉 Communicative area: speaking about national dishes from all over the world.

👉  Active vocabulary: rare, medium-rare, well-done, greasy, tough, to sprinkle, to steam, to chop, to mince. 

Today the theme of the Young Chefs culinary competition is “National dishes from all over the world”. 
What famous national  dishes do you know? 


Flash Card Deck created by Veronika Bebekh with GoConqr


Which dish have you tried? 
When and where? Did you like it? 
 Which one would you like to try? 

Imagine you are a first-class chef. You are in the jury of the Young Chefs culinary competition. Act out a short conversation. Use the phrases below and your ideas. 

Wow! The … is so delicious / extremely tasty / so juicy! It looks mouth-watering / appetising. I’ve never tried such a delicious … in my life! 

The … is a bit overcooked / too dry / too salty / too tough (hard to cut/chew) / too spicy / too greasy (with a lot of fat). It’s not … juicy/ fried / steamed / boiled enough. 

What do you think? Do you agree with me? You are absolutely right. I completely agree with you. Actually, I have another opinion. I’m afraid I can’t agree with you. You know, tastes differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment