Thursday, July 27, 2023

IELTS Speaking - Part 1: Travelling

Travelling


  •            Do you like travelling?
  •        Do you like travelling alone or with your friends?
  •        Have you travelled to other places? Where are they?
  •        What do you usually do when you first arrive in a new place?
  •        What are the benefits of travelling?
  •        Why do so many people like travelling nowadays? 
  •        Do you think it's true that travel broadens the mind?
  •       Do young people and older people benefit differently from travelling?
  •       How can you make sure you get the most from your travels?









 
 

 
   
 
1. Do you like travelling?

Yes. Travelling just changes your mind and refreshes you and makes you forget the busy work schedule. When you start enjoying yourself for some time, you get charged up.

2. Whom do you often spend the holiday with?

I often spend my holidays with my cousins at my grandma’s place in the countryside. We enjoy each other’s company.

3. Have you done much travelling?

Yes. I have. Places I have visited have a very rich heritage and are colourful like European capitals which are also great metropolitan cities. I've been to a great number of sea resorts in Turkey, Egypt, Europe famous for lively atmosphere and according to the state field trip programme I have been to a plethora of historical and cultural sights in Belarus. A lot of them are included in the World Heritage List.

4. What kind of places have you visited in your life?

I have visited almost every type of place where people enjoy their life, places where people have a lot of opportunities to express their creativity, places which are well known for their educational facilities etc.

5. When you visit new places, what do you like to do?

Whenever I visit a place the first thing I do is search about the history or past of that place, then take a lot pictures and record the experiences I get there. I write about what I did, what I liked etc. I just jot down in my travel diary so that whenever I open and read it I can relive those memories.

6. Do you prefer travelling alone or in a group?

I prefer travelling in a group as it’s always safe and most affordable. Also when we go on a trip as a group we are bonded with different type of people and make a lot beautiful, both sour and sweet memories.

7. Do you often travel abroad?

I've been to a great number of European countries, sea resorts in Africa and Asia. I really appreciate travelling to other countries, meeting new people, go sightseeing, tasting national cuisine, etc.

I haven’t travelled abroad yet. First I want to tour all places within my country.

8. In which seasons do you prefer to travel?

I prefer travelling in winter because the weather and atmosphere remains cool and soothing and it feels good to travel when it’s cool and soul-satisfying.

It doesn't matter when to travel. What is more significant, it is the process of travelling, anticipation of something good going to happen.

9. What is the best season to travel in your country?

Belarus has a cool continental climate, with warm summer days typically in the mid 20°Cs, and winters dropping below freezing. The best time to travel around Belarus is from mid May to mid September, when it's comfortably warm. June, July and August are peak months for temps as well as tourists.

10. Would you say your country is a good place for travellers to visit?

Yes, definitely. Untouched corners of nature, thousands of lakes and rivers, a unique landscape, wildlife reserves with rare species of flora and fauna is considered to be one of the reasons Belarus is worth visiting.
Any time of the year you can become a participant of folk celebrations: Christmas-time (Kolyady), Maslenitsa festival, Kupalie, Dozhinki. Some Belarusian ceremonies are included in the UNESCO list of intangible heritage.
A lot of dishes of the Belarusian national cuisine may be exotic for many foreigners.
Last but not least, the way people in Belarus welcome others with such a warm heart is tremendous to be felt.

11. What would you recommend a foreigner to visit in your country?

There are a lot of worth visiting places in Belarus. You can see ancient towns with monuments and historical museums, National Parks with beautiful nature, zoo and open-air museums. They are our national heritage. Some of them are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. For example, the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park, the Mir castle complex, the Nesvizh Palace of the Radziwill Family and the Struve Geodetic Arc points. The Nesvizh Palace is extremely beautiful. Musical festivals are held there every year. I would definitely advise to visit Nesvizh, Mir and the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park. You can even meet mighty European bison in the wild in Belovezhskaya Pushcha. This animal is one of the symbols of Belarus.
 
12. What places would you like to visit in the future?

I would like to visit New York and also Switzerland. These are my most favourite and desired destinations because of their scenic beauty and also the people who are very generous and sweet.

13. How much time do you spend travelling on a normal day?

On normal days I don’t spend much time as you know I’m pursuing my studies and working simultaneously. So it is really difficult to travel on normal days.

14. What do you do while you travel?

When travelling in a car I just sit back and enjoy the scenery. When on the train I really prefer sleeping and if I travel by plane I  prefer reading a magazine with my music on.

15. Do you think your hometown is a good place for a holiday?

Soligorsk exists relatively recently, but this does not prevent it from being attractive for tourists. The star attraction is the mountains of salt, which make an indelible impression on everyone who visits them. It seems you are on Mars or another uninhabited planet. Some musicians came to this sight to shoot a video.



No comments:

Post a Comment