Thursday, March 24, 2022

Topics for discussion: Tell your new friends about the place you live (flat/house).

                                                          MY FLAT
Sample 1
         My name is Veronika. I live in Soligorsk, the city of miners. I live in Zaslonova street in a high nine-storeyed house. We are lucky to live in the house which is not far from the bus stop. So we can go by bus and it takes us only a few minutes to get to school. Besides, there is a big supermarket next to our house. That is why we do not spend much time on shopping. 
       Our flat is on the eighth floor. It is not large but it is very cosy. There are two rooms in our flat. There is a living-room and a bedroom in our flat. There is a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet there, too.
           Our living-room is light and comfortable. There is only one window in it, but it's really huge. There is modern furniture in our living-room. There is a wall-unit, a TV-set, a sofa, two armchairs and a table in the room. There is a large carpet on the floor. Some pictures decorate the walls. I like watching TV in the living-room and playing or talking with my parents in the evening there.
         Our kitchen is small, but nice. There is a cooker there, a fridge, a table and four chairs. We have meals in the kitchen and my mother cooks tasty things there.
         Our bathroom is clean and nice. We wash hands and face, clean teeth in the bathroom and take a bath or a shower there. There is a bath and a sink with hot and cold water taps there.
         I like to be at home, to play computer games or read books. There are a lot of books in our flat. I help my parents about the house and our flat is always clean and nice. I think, there is no place like home.

MY FLAT

Sample 2

        We have a nice flat in a new block of flats. Our flat is on the fourth floor. On the one hand I like it because we have a nice view from the windows. But on the other hand we sometimes have to walk up the stairs when the elevator breaks down. It has all modern conveniences: central heating, gas, electricity, cold and hot running water, but it hasn’t got a lift.
           There is a living room, two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet in our flat.
          ​The living-room is the largest room in the flat. It is nicely furnished. My mum likes to watch TV there, it’s her favourite room.
         My parents’ bedroom is smaller than the living-room, but it is light and cozy. In this room there is a double bed and a wardrobe.
         The third room is my bedroom. It is not large and there isn’t much furniture in it: my bed, a writing table, some shelves and a computer.
         The best room in our flat is the kitchen. In the kitchen we have dinner together and discuss our family issues.
 I wish our flat were a bit larger, but generally speaking I like it as it is.            

No comments:

Post a Comment