Monday, August 9, 2021

American English File 2. Song "Ugly"

 Song facts

This song was originally made famous by the Sugababes in 2005. Ugly was a hit single for the Sugababes in many countries in 2005 and 2006. The band recorded the song after negative comments about them in British newspapers. Sugababes used a line from this song as the name of their fourth album, Taller in More Ways.

Glossary

my confidence was up = I felt good about myself

comfortable with my own style = I liked the way I looked

we get judged by what we do = our actions are important, not our appearance

so are you = you are, too

unfair = not treating people equally

ashamed = feeling bad about things you have done

grew taller ... in more ways = became a better person

realize how it affects somebody = see the results of your actions

you bet = you can be sure

envy = feeling jealous of another person



Quiz created by Veronika Bebekh with GoConqr

No comments:

Post a Comment