Sunday, December 8, 2019

10th grade. Unit 3. Lesson 9. Project: My Autobiography


1.  Read a more formal autobiography. Who of the teenagers wrote it? Why do you think so? 


       I was born in 1995. Before attending Malet Lambert Secondary School in 2006 I went to Cavendish Primary School. I left there with good marks. I also was in the school choir and sang in the city hall. In the lower secondary school at Malet Lambert I studied the following subjects: Maths, English, Science, Geography, History, Art, Music, PE, Technology, French, German and IT.  I found all these subjects enjoyable and received good marks. I particularly enjoyed History which I chose to study for my exams. Other subjects I chose to study are Maths, Science, English, PE, RE, Media Studies and German. I enjoyed media Studies and English at this stage of my education, and my achievement in both will help me in my future career in the media industry or business management. I would like to study at college before going to University. 
          I get on well with most people and often make friends through my out of school active hobbies, like playing squash, for example. I feel I am outgoing, helpful and quite popular in the school and out of school.    
               Many people consider me to be a very creative and idea person; I am also good at working with people or on my own. I enjoy being creative. Nevertheless, I am also logical and hard-
working in achieving my goals. 

2.  Watch a video how to write an autobiography. 
https://study.com/academy/lesson/writing-an-autobiography-format-steps-tips.html

3.  Read the tips for writing an autobiography. Which of these tips did the  teenager in the exercise above use? How would you improve the autobiography?

Introduction Write basic facts about yourself: name, where you live, when and where you were born, your parents’ and siblings’ names, etc.
Timeline Outline the events of your life. Begin with the year you were born and write about each year after that.
Your portrait Write what you think about yourself. Describe your habits, favourites, lifestyle, skills learned, your strengths and weaknesses, people’s opinions about you, etc.
Goals Write about where you see yourself in the future and what you do for that.  
Conclusion You don’t have to finish up with a ‘moral of the story’. You can write about your hopes, for example.

4. Write your autobiography using this link, don't forget to write your name at the end of your autobiography. Your essays will be graded! 

https://padlet.com/veronikabebekh/v9nhquhm3mbl


No comments:

Post a Comment